A grant has been awarded by Department of Labor (DOL) - Mississippi Department of Employment Security (MDES) as part of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Program to Mississippi State University’s CAVS Extension. This grant allows us to offer exciting training opportunities at no cost to eligible recipients as part of the Enhancing Manufacturing Skills for Mississippians (EMSM) program. See the list of classes below for details. Individuals are eligible to be considered for a limited number of free spots.Enhancing Manufacturing Skills for Mississippians program is designed to:
- Introduce a bootcamp style learning environment entitled “Manufacturing Skills Development Bootcamp” (MSDB).
- Provide an opportunity to gain the skills necessary for jobs within the advanced manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, shipbuilding industries, as well as other manufacturing sectors.
- Focus on skills in leadership, critical thinking/problem solving, process improvement, project management, teamwork, collaboration, and effective communication skills.
- Basic - Level 1 Certification (Workshops include Project Management & Facilitation, Financial Fundamentals, and 8D Problem Solving).
- Technical - Level 2 Certification (Workshops include Measurement System Analysis (Gage R&R), Statistical Process Control (SPC), and Process Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Mastery - Level 3 Certification (Workshops include Lean Manufacturing elements: 1) Lean Basics & Kaizen, 2) Standard Work and 5S, 3) Production Pull Systems, 4) Lean Management & TPM.
If you are interested in learning more or would like to request to be registered for one of the eligible classes supported by this grant please click the "Submit Application" button in the side bar to submit a request.